otpasswd-talk

Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)

From: Tomasz bla Fortuna
Subject: Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 01:59:58 +0100

Dnia Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:15:48 -0600
Hannes Beinert <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 08:58, Tomasz bla Fortuna <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Dnia Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:40:17 -0600 Hannes Beinert
> > <address@hidden> napisał(a):
> >
> >> Hi all,

That's "Creative Commons". I found only nmap with such term (and it has
huge license information in manual)

> albeit with some reluctance, and it *seems* as though Fedora and
> Ubuntu use the CC.  I think.  It's hard not to notice that the CC is
> extremely common for the contents of websites.
>
> I would *like* to choose the FDL, but it seems to have some real
> obstacles -- Debian's position being the biggest one, IMO.  The CC is
> a possibility, but as you rightly point out, there seem to be few uses
> for documentation "in the wild" at the moment, except for standalone
> manuals, where the use is not uncommon.
>
> Staying with the GPL, no matter how awkward it is for documentation
> is, I suppose, another solution.  And, maybe that's the best solution,
> in fact.  Just stay with the GPL, make Debian happy, and if the FDL2
> make Debian happy, then relicense the docs to the new FDL.  <shrug>
That's fine with me. GPL for manuals and close-to-technical-description
manuals which might be relicensed under FDL in future and if something
bigger is going to be created start with FDL, or I guess better,
CC-BY-SA 3.0.

I guess for now this is perfectly ok.

--
Tomasz bla Fortuna