pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 15:48:07 +0100

Hi

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 18:20:41 CET Jack wrote:
> Thanks for the response.

You're welcome :-)

> Is there any point in creating a new web site?

No, provided we:
- can get control of the website
- find volunteers willing to update the site (which is written in HMTL)

Barring that, it makes sense to create a new web site (which can cut'n'paste
most of the original site).

> I know it's not really critical to the workings of the application
> itself, but I think it's important to have a primary place folks can
> look for the latest information.

Agreed.

> > I've also enabled the wiki pages on pan's gitlab, so people should be able
> > to set up some documentation there.
>
> Could that be considered the new home page?  (I think I'd prefer to use
> the main gitlab page rather than the wiki.)

I'm quite open to have gitlab pages. I guess the guy who does the work gets to
decide.

I've not problem merging doc PR.

 I'll disable the wiki if gitlab pages are written.

All the best

Dod