pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Some UI notes and feature requests (long)

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Some UI notes and feature requests (long)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:02:39 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, James Hawtin wrote:

> 1) At the bottom of the Screen there are three slots for current
> activities, even though the default is to use 4 connections at the same
> time. Fine, however if connection 4 and 1 are being used, you still get 1
> and two blanks and don't get to see whats going on in 4 (save though the
> task manager) even when it has closed connected 2 and 3.
>
> Perhaps change it so it has 4 slots and if more than 4 connections are
> being used it redivides it into smaller units.

I have noticed this too as I'm sure has anyone who has used pan, I usually
bring up the 'queue menu' (not sure of it's real name) you get when you click on
the 2nd little window from the left on the bottom

> Connected slots, that are connected but idle could display "idle <news
> server>"
>
> 2) It would be nice the message window had a button on it for "View full
> headers"

not a bad idea, I just press 'H' for this however for the 'hotkey'. This has
changed to ctrl-H in 011.90 I noticed :-(

> 9) Allow heirachies of news groups. Nice for when you look at lotsof
> groups, as you could setuop one grouping for binaries another for text
> etc.

it's on the TODO list, a few have mentioned it including me

in fact the best place perhaps for your suggestions would be to file
enhancement requests. look under reporting a bug under on pan.rebelbase.com
it's a bit of a pain in the neck but at least it goes somewhere permanent

cheers,

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
 10:00am  up 3 days, 13 min,  7 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00