pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feedback wanted for Filter rewrite

From: Toby Inkster
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feedback wanted for Filter rewrite
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:26:13 +0100

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:16:57 -0800
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

CK> What I've been working on this week is a dialog version of the old
CK> buttonbar where everything has a keyboard shortcut.  So tweaking the
CK> filter to show only new, complete binaries would take four keystrokes
CK> [shift-f to pull up the filter dialog, alt-b for binaries, alt-n for
CK> new, alt-o for the "Ok" button to close the dialog].

Why don't you just forget about requiring the OK button? You press Shift+F to
pull up the dialog and then as you type alt-b and alt-n, the changes are
automatically applied to the list in the main window without having to press OK.

--
Toby A Inkster, Esq., South Ealing, London, England.
Linux 2.4.19-pre3-bluesmoke. Up 17 days, 6:51

In a Japanese hotel: You are invited to take advantage of the
chambermaid.