pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feedback wanted for Filter rewrite

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feedback wanted for Filter rewrite
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:00:43 -0500

> However, don't be an asshole with trash like "complete waste of time" or
> "taking hci lessons from apple?" or reasonable eiscussion is going to
> be impossible.

lol - perfect response!

> The toolbar buttons were more popular than the pulldown, but they couldn't
> grow.  As more buttons got added and the show article/threads/replies
> option came in, the bar ran out of room.

What about bringing back the bar in a "customizable" mode where users can
add, remove, and rearrange buttons? I see problems here as well (like "there
isn't enough room for all the buttons I want"), but thought I'd run it up
the old flagpole.

> Ideally the new filter behavior would be:
> 1. easy to understand
> 2. able to set default group filters
> 3. able to toggle a `sticky' mode

Doesn't Gravity do this? I'd check, but I just rebuilt my laptop (first time
since I bought it 2 years ago) and haven't reloaded it yet. Seems to me
gravity has a way to "bind" filters to a specific group even if that filter
is only something simple like "show unread only". I'm just thinking that may
be someplace to start looking for ideas, if you haven't already.