pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Who to talk to about implementing new features in Paan?

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Who to talk to about implementing new features in Paan?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:18:23 -0500

You have basically 2 options.

1. (preferred) Code the stuff you want yourself, make it work the way you think it should, and submit it for review and inclusion in the distribution.

2. Submit the request with enough detail to convince the team that it is both plausible and reasonable, then wait for it to be placed in the planned sequence and for someone in the the team to work on it as time and priority permits.

AFAIK Charles is the defacto head of the team.
There is a plan for what is to be done for each step of the development, but since I am not (yet) an active part of the team I do not have those details.

Demosthenes wrote:
Who here is or can point me to someone who is responsible for
contributing to the Pan code (especially features)?  I really want to
see how we can implement more 'convenience' functions like one click
downloads, thread watch, etc.