pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Who to talk to about implementing new features in Paan?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Who to talk to about implementing new features in Paan?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:50:17 -0700

>> Who here is or can point me to someone who is responsible for
>> contributing to the Pan code (especially features)?  I really want to
>> see how we can implement more 'convenience' functions like one click
>> downloads, thread watch, etc.

> You have basically 2 options.
>
> 1. (preferred) Code the stuff you want yourself, make it work the way
> you think it should, and submit it for review and inclusion in the
> distribution.
>
> 2. Submit the request with enough detail to convince the team that it is
> both plausible and reasonable, then wait for it to be placed in the
> planned sequence and for someone in the the team to work on it as time
> and priority permits.

Just so.  The third option, naturally, is to drop a big donation into
the tip jar at <http://pan.rebelbase.com/tipjar/>.

> AFAIK Charles is the defacto head of the team.
> There is a plan for what is to be done for each step of the development,
> but since I am not (yet) an active part of the team I do not have those
> details.

"defacto"? :)

http://pan.rebelbase.com/roadmap/ shows what's planned for the next
six months or so.  This is a pretty fluid list, but the basic shape
is correct.  IMO we'll hit 1.0 before the year is out.

cheers,
Charles