pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:43:26 -0700

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 09:40:16AM +0200, Gabi Davar wrote:

> * the most obvious change for me was the transformation of the filters pop
>   up to a full blown dialog, this increased the amount of clicks for
>   changing a filter from two to three, for no obvious benefit

The benefits are:

* keyboard navigation -- the old menu couldn't be accessed via a shortcut

* batching changes -- if you needed to make two changes, you had to wait for
                      the header pane update twice.  Adding an `ok' button
                      lets you make multiple changes with only one update.

> * queue sometimes get stuck after a disconnect

Haven't experienced this...

> * getting news headers in all groups keyboard short cut has gone AWOL

There's a startup option in Edit|Preferences|General.
Also, you can hit Shift-B, Shift-A to do this

> * getting all header in a group got buried in an extra dialog, plus keyboard
> shortcut gone AWOL

How many people use "get all"?  There's no point in getting headers you
already have.  I can only think of a couple of esoteric uses for it.

I'd overlooked the keyboard shortcut for the dialog; I'll bring that back.