pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] What happened to "launch attachment" (keyboard shortcut

From: EZ Mouse
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] What happened to "launch attachment" (keyboard shortcut O)?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:32:37 -0400

> I just upgraded from Pan 11.3 to 12.0 and I noticed that the "launch
> attachment" (not sure if this was exactly what it was called, but it used > "o" as its keyboard shortcut) option has disappeared. Was this intentional
> or did something go wrong with my build?

It was intentional -- it required Gnome for recognizing file types and
launching applications based on the file type.

If I had to guess, though, 99% of the people who used that feature were
opening images in a picture viewer.  If more people ask for it, there could
be a configurable picture viewer just like you can now configure your
external editor...?

I would definitely like to see it come back. I could probably live without an external image viewer, but now I have to manually launch all audio & video files =(