pan-users

unicode.h (was: [Pan-users] ANN Pan 0.12.92 "The Best Writing is Rewriti

From: Christian Lohmaier
Subject: unicode.h (was: [Pan-users] ANN Pan 0.12.92 "The Best Writing is Rewriting")
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:47:53 +0200

Hi *,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:43:26AM +0200, DevilKin wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 July 2002 09:37, Charles Kerr wrote:
> > Pan 0.12.92, `The Best Writing is Rewriting', has been released.
> > It can be found at http://pan.rebelbase.com/ .
>
> Hmm. This one fails compilation, missing 'unicode.h'. Odd... Is there some
> new
> requirement for this pan?

I tried to use gunicode.h (part of glib2) instead [1] and it compiled
fine. Reading article works, but I get this warning on each article:

WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Writing articles does work as well, but with the bug that the article's
charset is set correctly as given, but the body is encoded utf-8 all the
time.
So I think that fixing this bug brought the requirement for unicode.h and
if you don't have unicode.h you still get the old behaviour...

I just found out that it is possible to set the default charset on a
per-group-basis (I always searched this in the posting-profile) and
changed it to utf-8 so this bug doesn't hurt me any more..

I don't know what else this will break and I as well want to know which
package I sould get to fullfill the requirement 'unicode.h'

ciao
Christian

[1] replcaced unicode.h with gunicode.h in gmime/gmime-charset.c and
configured with CFLAGS="-I/opt/gnome2/include/glib-2.0/glib" (pkgconfig
only returns .../include/glib-2.0 (like it should, according to
glib-2.0.pc) - I don't know who/what is wrong here: the location of the
files, pkgconfig-data, handling of pkgconfig-data,...)
--
NP: Pantera - The Underground In America