pan-users

[Pan-users] How to save only the first part of a multipart message

From: Ian
Subject: [Pan-users] How to save only the first part of a multipart message
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:37:44 +0200

Hi,

I've been using pan for a couple of weeks now but have not been able to work
out how I can save just the first part of a multipart post.  I have also not
found anything when searching for info about this.  When ever I try to save
just the first part, pan downloads all the parts, which I find very
frustrating.  Is there some way to do this?

What I would like to see in this area is something similar to Netscape 4.78,
which I still mostly use, where the first part has a link in the message
window (Article Pane in pan) which you can click on to either open with a
configured plugin or save.  I would also like to see the possibility of being
able to select some parts of a multipart message and join and decode only
those parts.  I know that sounds a little silly, but in cases of very large
posts that span several hundred parts, being able to sample bits and pieces
throughout the file like this is very useful.

I am stuck on using version 11.3 because no SuSE rpms have been made, and an
attempt to install all the Gnome libraries so that I could compile the latest
version left me with no option but to do a complete restore of my system from
backups (second time this has happened with gnome to me).

Ian