pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] undo

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] undo
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:16:45 +0200

Frank Van Damme wrote:
> I have one item left on my wishlist... after selecting a 50 lines of
> tekst and pressing a random button, I realised Pan needs an undo
> function in the editor badly.

I agree.

I also think "undo" for other actions could be useful, e.g. for "Mark
Group Read".  I accidentally released the mouse button too early when I
was going to select "Get New Headers", resulting in a "Mark Group Read".
I found no way to undo this action.

Alternatively, I suggest either:
- Remove "Mark Group Read".  One can do Ctrl-D M ("Select all Articles"
followed by "Mark Read") instead.- Adding an option to disable this
command.- Move this function to the bottom of the menus.

Similar remarks may also apply to "Delete Group's Articles".  (I've
never tried this command.)

BTW, I don't quite see why "Mark Group Read" is available as a separate
command while "Mark Thread Read" isn't.  I find the latter far more
useful.