pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request

From: Uli Wachowitz
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:26:14 +0200

Hi Toby,

pls see below...
----------
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:45:16 +0100
Toby Inkster <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> This rather goes against the entire philosophy of Unix/Linux -- that you
> should have tools that do one thing and do it well.
[/snip]
----------
Yep, I agree.

But there is one thing related to the request of the OP.
When using PAN for News, Sylpheed for mail, how do I make PAN use Sylpheed
for posting instead of using the PAN-internal "mail-client" ?
Defining "sylpheed --compose" as external editor does not work, of course.

If this, somehow, would be possible, then we are talking about a real
hellish good (is "hellish good" acceptable in english?) duo.

just my 2 cents

Uli

--
Ask a stupid question, and be a fool for 5 minutes.
Don't ask, and be a fool for the rest of your life.