pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request

From: Toby Inkster
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:52:45 +0100

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:26:14 +0200
Uli Wachowitz <address@hidden> wrote:

| When using PAN for News, Sylpheed for mail, how do I make PAN use
| Sylpheed for posting instead of using the PAN-internal "mail-client" ?

You can't. Sylpheed's internal editor is just that -- internal. It would be
very nice if it were possible, because Sylpheed's editor is much nicer than
Pan's (IMHO) -- better word wrapping, definable actions, GPG, etc...

Integration would be very difficult though as Pan is GTK2 and Sylpheed is GTK1.
I think there are long term plans to port Sylpheed to GTK1 though, so it could
happen in the future. I know of at least one person who is on both development
teams.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc ARCS
PGP:      http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=12

Version:  pan-0.13.0-1

Get your Pan RPMs (Mandrake 8.1, i586) at:
    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=209