pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:07:12 -0700

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:31:27PM -0500, David Rosenthal wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to this list so please pardon me if this has been
> kicked around before.
>
> I see that Pan has limited email functionality (forward NG article by
> email, etc.)  As a long time Agent user I'd really like to see
> complete basic email functionality added to Pan.  Features like the
> ability to compose and send from scratch, retrieve email, and address
> book.

Wow, this is no simple task.

About once every six months someone asks about adding Mail support to Pan.
This is unlikely to happen, partly because it doesn't intereste me, and
partly because Slypheed, KMail, and Evolution are all already fantastic
mailers.

Patches are, however, always welcome.

cheers,
Charles