pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Making Multiple Servers Happen In Your Lifetime

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Making Multiple Servers Happen In Your Lifetime
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:42:18 -0600

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> someone tell me if this is a silly idea or not...
>
> if you use something SQL-ish for your data store; suppose you could make it
> generalized enough that people could attach it to an existing MySQL
> (Postgres, DB/2) dbase, rather than use this SQLite tool?

Interesting idea - abstracting to an SQL-like backend could make it much
easier to do statistical analysis of newsgroups, which could be
interesting for some people who are interested in that sort of thing.

IIRC, doesn't the current structure use a database engine of some time,
db1 or something like that?

Jim