pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Mail Reader

From: Ruben I Safir
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Mail Reader
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:10:20 -0400

Thanks

I really don't like anything about evolution, but that's not really
what I'm trying to get to.  Generally I like balsa, but pan has one great
feature (among many great features) which is great.

I just mostly like the way you can cut a piece of the repy from the message
with a single swipe and reply.

I would port that code into balsa myself if I knew where it was in the
code base.

Ruben

On 2002.10.20 11:04 Charles Kerr wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:30:51AM -0400, Ruben I Safir wrote:
> > Any Chance of adding regular mail reading functionality to PAN?
> >
> > It's my favorite interface for messaging, especially the way it's
> > cut and paste works when replying to messages.
>
> By my count, Linux has at least six good-to-great mail clients:
> Mutt, Sylpheed, KMail, Balsa, Pine, and especially Evolution.
> IMO Evolution is becoming _The_ MUA and the others will be reduced
> to picking over markets Evolution can't enter
> (Mutt:Consle, Sylpheed:Lightweight, KMail:Religion).
>
> If I really wanted to integrate mail and news -- which I might,
> someday -- I'd probably drop Pan and work on adding Pan-like features
> to Evolution.
>
> cheers,
> Charles

Brooklyn Linux Solutions