pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] disabling spell-checking at run-time?

From: Søren Boll Overgaard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] disabling spell-checking at run-time?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:57:48 +0200

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:02:06 -0400 "John J. LeMay Jr." <address@hidden>
wrote:

> > Most likely it is just me being an ignorant, but I can't seem to
> > find a way to disable spell-checking of messages at run-time. Could
> > someone please point me in the right direction?
>
> I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is
> a compile time only option. Passing --disable-gtkspell to autoconf is,
> I believe, what you are looking to do.

That is my assumption as well.

> Not sure what distro you are using, but I know there are non-gtkspell
> packages available on the Pan download page for at least RedHat and
> Mandrake 8.x and 9.0.

It's Debian, and I am the one building the packages. I have had requests
for packages with as well as without gtkspell support, and instead of
building two packages, it would be nice if spellchecking could be
disabled at runtime. If not, I guess I will have to look into building
two separate packages.

--
Soren O.

address@hidden