pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] disabling spell-checking at run-time?

From: Søren Boll Overgaard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] disabling spell-checking at run-time?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:06:48 +0100

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 04:23:02 -0700 Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Friday 25 October 2002 00:57, Søren Boll Overgaard wrote:
>
> > It's Debian, and I am the one building the packages. I have had
> > requests for packages with as well as without gtkspell support, and
> > instead of building two packages, it would be nice if spellchecking
> > could be disabled at runtime. If not, I guess I will have to look
> > into building two separate packages.
>
> Is it possible part of the requests for nospell versions is because
> the spell enabled versions crash when people attempt to post?

Yup.

> I know both LeMay and I
> (as well as others) have had issues with gtkspell (on Mandrake) where
> that's the problem, and I had nospell versions installed for a time as
> a result.  I'm guessing that if Debian users are experiencing the same
> issues, it's possible part of your nospell requests are based on spell
> enabled versions crashing, rather than on any specific dislike of
> spell checking...

You are quite right.

[snip on broken spacebar scrolling]
> Just a note to say it doesn't seem to be ONLY strangely coded umlautes
> or whatever, doing it.  Unfortunately, the particular messages I'm
> looking at right now, with the problem, are on Cox internal only
> newsgroups.  However, I'll save a sample, if you or the developers
> think it'd contribute anything to that bug report.

Posting it as addendum to the bug-report definitely couldn't hurt. If
you come across a post on a public news server that have properties that
you mention, adding a reference to it to the bugreport would probably be
useful as well.

--
Søren O.

GPG Public key: finger boll <at> db.debian.org
GPG signed mail preferred.