pan-users

[Pan-users] Rules and filters problems

From: Howard Philips
Subject: [Pan-users] Rules and filters problems
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:06:07 -0800 (PST)

  I am having problems getting my filters to work. In
a nutshell, I do not understand why they don't work.

  I would be interested for all the articles posted to
any of the groups I am subscribed to by a very
specific individual to be transparently deleted when I
download a new batch of articles. That is, I don't
want to have to open the Edit -> Rules window, select
the rules, and then punch the button to apply them to
my choice of groups every time I fire up pan.

  I set up a simple rule based on that premise, and it
just doesn't work. But, it doesn't work in a very
annoying way: when I mark all articles are read, the
ones posted by that moron^H^H^H^H^Hperson, which were
there for me to see in the first place, despite the
rule, remain highlighted, while all the others are
greyed out. I.e. the effect achieved is the opposite
of the one intended.

   Is there any documentation on the usage of rules
and filters available anywhere? I have been waiting
for a manual for one year now, to not avail.