pan-users

Re: MP3 woes was: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ..

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: MP3 woes was: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 14:41:36 -0700

I use 0.11.4 here myself, since I haven't gone through the process of upgrading the necessary packages for more recent releases, either. yenc decoding works fine here. I did build my installation from source from CVS, but IIRC it's the same as the tarball for 0.11.4 these days.

What I do with binary messages is select the message and press shift+s, that's worked for me as long as I can remember using pan for downloading binary attachments. Look for the green puzzle piece for what you want to download - red puzzle pieces are bad, means binary is incomplete (usually missing parts). Blue triangle means it's queued, disk platter thing means it's in cache, a little diskette means it's been saved. Red crosses mean there was an error of some sort (article didn't exist or some other NNTP error).

Ade wrote:

Carl,