pan-users

Re: MP3 woes was: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ..

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: MP3 woes was: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:29:50 -0700

On Wed 01 Jan 2003 14:09, Chris Browning posted as excerpted below:
> I'm using 0.12.0. Shift-s works for me. I can't remember just what menu
> item it's a hot key for right now.
>
> Yenc files are no problem since upgrading to 0.12.0.

If you are at 0.12, you've done the biggest upgrade, to gtk2.  You might as
well upgrade to current release, 0.13.3.  gtkspell might still be a problem,
but you can either compile w/o that option, or get the RPM w/o it.  It's
possible you'd have to do an upgrade somewhere else, like to a newer gtk2 or
something, but once gtk2 is installed, that isn't so bad, either.  The big
thing is moving to gtk2 in the first place.  Back when I did it there weren't
nice RPMs for it as there are now, so I had to scramble for the three main
pieces and their dependencies individually, and get stuff from multiple
distribs to all work together.  It broke some of my old gtk1 apps to,
although I don't think it had to, just that one of the distrib sources I used
replaced rather than running both 1 and 2 together.  Of course, it wasn't
long after that that Mandrake did their upgrade, and put all their gtk based
stuff in gtk2 format, which meant cleaning out all the gtk 1 based tools,
broken or not, and upgrading them to the v 2 ones.  I'm glad I have a cable
modem for THAT sort of upgrade, as it was about a CD's worth.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin