pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: merge groups.

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: merge groups.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:04:29 -0800

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:27:13AM -0600, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> What is the feasibility (and desirability) of having a newsreader
> support "virtual" newsgroups that are just views into two or more real
> newsgroups?
>
> What I'm thinking is that if you frequent several newsgroups with a lot
> of similar content and cross-posting, it would be very nice to have
> your newsreader present them to you as if they were a single newsgroup,
> without displaying all the duplicate posts.

This would be a nice feature for my daily use, but it's not going to
happen until after we get the database backend in place, which will
be a few months off.

After Pan switches over to using a database, group & server merging
should be feasable.

File an enhancement bug report on this idea so that it doesn't get lost.

cheers,
Charles