pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Need someone to give pan-windows-beta-2-setup.exe a spin

From: Alan Young
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Need someone to give pan-windows-beta-2-setup.exe a spin...
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:21:18 -0800

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:53:39 -0800 Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:14:39AM -0500, Don Zeigler wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:59:29 -0500 (EST), John LeMay wrote:
> > >Same here with Windows 2000 SP#3.
> >
> > Same here, XP Pro SP1.
>
> Well, fuck.  Back to the drawing board. :P

Well, I played around with it a bit.  It looks like the configuration that is
installed by
GTK is not quite complete.  I had to create a registry key for pango and some
pango config
files in etc/pango.  Unfortunately, once that was done it still hung at the
setup wizard.

Next thing I tried was ftping my *.XML files from my linux box to the winxp
box.  This got
pan to skip the wizard and draw the main window.  However, everything was still
blank.
Two "Question" dialog boxes popped up.  They were blank too.  After closing
both of them
pan shut down.

Oh and that was with the pan build dated 1/5/2003.  I havent tried the new one
yet.

IMHO, it smells to me like something - GTK ? Pango? - is not installing right.

Alan