pan-users

[Pan-users] GUI inconsistencies

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: [Pan-users] GUI inconsistencies
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:44:28 -0500

Just noticing a few inconsistencies with 0.13.3:

* While most windows/dialog-boxes that open up in Pan have a button marked
"Close", the Task Manager doesn't, why is that?  I have a tendency to hit
the button marked "X" which doesn't close the window...

* The Rules and Filters window have been changed so that to edit a rule or
a filter, one has to click on "open" instead of "edit" - why is that?

The tool-tip for Open in the Filters dialog says, "Edit the selected
filter" and when the next window opens, that says "Pan: Edit Filter".
Edit just seems more natural to me.

* When I edit a filter, and in the "New Filter Line" if I click in the
text edit box for "contains the phrase", I don't see the text caret.
However, if I start typing, the text and caret show up.  Is this something
funky on my machine, or a general problem?

Also, my posts aren't showing up consistently in the pan-users mailing
list...sometimes they do, and sometimes I have to resend them.  No bounces
either?  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Himanshu