pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Keystroke binding?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Keystroke binding?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:27:47 -0700

On Tue 28 Jan 2003 11:13, Jeff Boes posted as excerpted below:
> For bandwidth-conservation reasons, I like to review the headers of
> newsgroups with the "Load articles when selected" setting OFF, and
> skipping through the group with the "T" (next unread thread) command.
> However, there isn't any one-keystroke way to load the currently
> selected message.
>
> Is there a way to bind keystrokes to menu commands?  It looks like the
> "Articles -> Download" menu item is what I want, but there's no
> keystroke tied to that.

What about Go > Read More, Space, as the default keystroke.  That works just
fine, here, and does for me what I understand you to be saying you want.

BTW, a reference to what version you are using is always helpful, in case it's
a bug with a specific version.  Space-reading, as it's been called, however,
has worked for me forever, altho it used to change behavior slightly and
sometimes d/l and display the CURRENT post, and sometimes the NEXT post,
meaning I had to arrow up an extra post b4 hitting space, to get the post
that WAS current before I arrowed up.  However, I haven't had that problem in
several versions, so I THINK it must be fixed, several versions b4 0.13.3.90,
anyway.

However, assuming that's what you are looking for, of course, you're not the
first one to miss it, as someone else had a similar question less than a week
ago, and the space/backspace (the latter of which is compartively new, AFAIK)
keys were news to him as well.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin