pan-users

[Pan-users] The Sorting, it's so Slow!!!

From: Kelly, Mark
Subject: [Pan-users] The Sorting, it's so Slow!!!
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:51:04 -0500

Hey all, I'm using pan 0.13.3, and I love the features it has.  By far the
best newsreader for linux.

My only problem is that it just seems unbearable slow at sorting large
groups of new messages.  I have a Dual P3 933 mobo with 512 megs of DDR, and
it just doesn't seem to me that it should be this slow when sorting.

Sometimes I go for a few days without getting posts and there might be over
a 100,000 new posts (well, today it had been over a week and there where
200,000 new posts).  And's it's been 20 mins and it's still sorting?  Are
there any speed tweaks for this?