pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan-0.13.3 configure error

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan-0.13.3 configure error
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:39:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Dave Rhodes wrote:
> When I run ./configure I get:
>         *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
>         *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
>         *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
>         *** working iconv library such as the one found at
>         *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

        I had quite a time getting Pan to build on Solaris, too. It's been
a while since I built it, but I remember this as being one issue I had as
well.
        Don't know if it will help you at all, but checking my
config.status file, I ran configure with the following as one of
the options:

        --with-libiconv-prefix= <path to libiconv>

        jef