pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.0 article viewing

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.0 article viewing
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 05:42:16 -0700

On Sun 11 May 2003 01:01, Kevin posted as excerpted below:
> On Friday 09 May 2003 05:24 pm, Duncan wrote:
> > On Fri 09 May 2003 18:53, Kevin posted as excerpted below:
> > > I'm using 0.14.0, which has proven to be quite stable.  The only thing
> > > bugging me is sometimes I click on an article to read, and I get an 'X'
> > > in the header pane which usually means the article is not available
> > > anymore. However, up the article appears.  :)
> > >
> > > Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > Now THAT'S an interesting one!  No, I'm not seeing it, nor have I seen it
> > referenced on the list b4.
>
> OK, just happened again...
>
> group: rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
> thread: Mach 1 or Bullitt
> article DTG: 11 May 2003 06:03:41 GMT
> article author: address@hidden
>
> Can someone else try?

OK.  Just tried.  Didn't see that behavior here.  Of course, I'm on cable
modem, and a four line posts comes in pretty fast on a three Mbps line @ like
six AM news server time.  Thus, I might not have had TIME to see the X, if I
happened to blink when it was there or something.  <g>

I did notice he was posting from AOL.  Does it happen on other posts of his,
or other AOL posters?  I'm not sure how absolutely compliant their
proprietary news interface may or may not be.

If you delete and re-d/l overviews (which PAN inaccurately calls headers) for
the group, does the behavior repeat itself?

I just thought of something else that's possible.  Here, when I set a post to
d/l, it marks it with the "d/l job" arrow.  Is it possible the resources got
mixed up on your installation, and the d/l job arrow is now the post
unavailable X?  I don't even know if those are compiled in or grabbed from a
dir somewhere, ready for theming or whatever, but perhaps those are somehow
screwed up?

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin