pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re:Is it possible to withdraw an article?

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re:Is it possible to withdraw an article?
Date: 27 May 2003 21:18:26 +0200

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:47, Svein Hamnes Aaberge wrote:
> If you highlight the article and then go into the menu item "Articles" and
> then "Cancel" it do disappear from the list on my PC. But if you download all
> articles again, not only new articles it appears again. So I think that
> cancel only takes it away from your own PC!

My experience is that canceling only works if your news server supports
it. Even then, canceling isn't always instantaneous: servers seem to
process cancel requests only periodically.

> I also see that there is a item
> called "supersede". Perhaps this can be used in some way???

It can be used in some way, but not to cancel an article. :-)  Supersede
replaces a previously posted article. So, you can think of it as a
cancel followed by a post.

Christophe