pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is it possible to withdraw an article

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is it possible to withdraw an article
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:36:18 -0700

On Sun 25 May 2003 22:37, DevilKin posted as excerpted below:
> On Monday 26 May 2003 00:35, CRH wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 May 2003 23:19:55 +0200, Svein Hamnes Aaberge Combobulated:
> > > I managed to post an article that I shouldn't. For another time I would
> > > like to know if it is possible to withdraw an article after you have
> > > sent it
> >
> > Try right clicking on the article > Delete or Menu > Articles > Delete.
>
> I think that this just deletes the article from the local cache.
>
> Try Menu -> Articles -> Cancel instead.

Yes, but note that many news servers don't honor cancels, as they've been
abused at times by cancel forgers.  Among other things, cancel-bots have been
created to cancel spam and the like.  That's not bad.  However, when you get
someone using one to cancel someone else's posts just because they don't like
the person posting them, or some organization (RIAA/MPAA) canceling a single
part of every multi-part binary just so it won't work, while still taking up
space for the other parts, or similar stuff, pretty soon the admins get tired
of it and set the servers to ignore cancels.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.  Remove rply phrase 2 rply directly.
Benjamin Franklin