pan-users

Re: [OT] On renaming files - was [Pan-users] 0.11.3 question

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [OT] On renaming files - was [Pan-users] 0.11.3 question
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:30:11 -0700

On Tue 27 May 2003 16:06, Wolf J. Flywheel posted as excerpted below:
>        BTW, entirely in the other direction, for those who'd like to rename
> tons of files graphically, there's a utility called "krename"
> (www.krename.net) that can do it even using embedded mp3/vorbis tags.  At
> last, a way to get all of my music files into my naming-convention of the
> month!  I'll be going to check it out after posting this.

I found that browsing the Mandrake Cooker new package version notification
lists some time ago (yes, I run Cooker, updated twice weekly or more,
normally), and installed it.  It works pretty well, doing copy and move as
well as renames, and based on all sorts of data and/or metadata for various
filetypes.  I don't use it often.  It's not something that many people would,
but it's certainly handy for those times you need it!

BTW..  I'd seen the "translate" command b4, but hadn't ever seen a good
working example until earlier one in the thread.  Thanks!

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.  Remove rply phrase 2 rply directly.
Benjamin Franklin