pan-users

[Pan-users] Thrashing with large groups

From: Steven Stoethaspel
Subject: [Pan-users] Thrashing with large groups
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:15:15 -0000 (GMT)

I use RH8 on a 800 MHz Via Epia box, Pan 0.14.0,
1/2 gig mem and swap (1 gig total). When I
update with too many threads at once (in this
case four, with large binaries groups on two
servers) Pan ate up all memory and my system all
but froze. Now I understand that this is an old
issue, and I can use fewer connections, but is
there a solution? After restarting Pan (and
resuming the tasks) mem usage was almost
immediately back at 62%, but with still very low
CPU usage

Steven