pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: 0.14.0.93 "He's Upstairs, Helping Porcelain Make th

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: 0.14.0.93 "He's Upstairs, Helping Porcelain Make the Bed"
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:14:23 -0700

On Wed 30 Jul 2003 14:28, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> 0.14.0.9x uses a new data file for the headers: ~/.pan/servername/groupname
> 0.14.0 and older used two separate files to hold the same information.

Charles. could you please mention in the announcements when any format
changes?  I haven't been stung this time, but back when the config file
format changed, I was, because it reduced my cache from my 4 gig standard
back to the default, and some of the messages were no longer on the server..
Having this info will allow folks to be better prepared for the
eventualities, and I think the announcements are generally informative enough
(thanks!)  that this info should fit right in.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin