pan-users

[Pan-users] gnome-common requirement and pan configure failure

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: [Pan-users] gnome-common requirement and pan configure failure
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:25:10 -0400

Hi all,

On SGI IRIX 6.5.20m I'm attempting to build Pan from CVS after a long
time.  When I ran configure in the pan directory, it complained that
gnome-autogen.sh was not found and that I should get it from gnome-common
CVS.  I didn't find this package source zipped up in GNOME 1.4's dist
(which is the version of GNOME in IRIX freeware), so I ran 'cvs -z3
checkout gnome-common' and downloaded the source for it.

In trying to build gnome-common, I had to edit autogen.sh and change
references to 'automake-1.4' and 'aclocal-1.4' to 'automake' and
'aclocal'.  Then it built and then I installed it.

Ran configure in pan again, and I got these messages: