pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.2 threading problem

From: Brian Morrison
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.2 threading problem
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:02:14 +0100

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:16:02 -0700, Charles Kerr wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 12:15:36AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
>> Since upgrading to the linux 0.14.2 (from 0.13.96) I've noticed that message
>> threading doesn't work as well as it used to. Now I get several separate
>> threads that should all be a part of the same thread:
>>
>> http://yurkyurk.netfirms.com/pan_thread_bug.html
>
>Could you mail me at address@hidden the ~/.pan/servername/groupname
>file associated with this screenshot?

I've noticed this behaviour too but I think it is a consequence of the
sub-threads not having a common ancestor in the References: header,
they are then correctly separated into individual sub-threads and
sorted according to whatever sort criterion is selected. If you sort by
subject then they are all lumped into one contiguous group of threads,
if you sort by date then they are spread out.

I see this as a feature because I really hate kludges like group
threads by subject.

--
Brian Morrison                                       address@hidden
              do you know how far this has gone?