pan-users

[Pan-users] Newbie's 0.14 problem

From: Ghostrider
Subject: [Pan-users] Newbie's 0.14 problem
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:51:54 +0200

Greetings everybody

I've been using Linux now for about three weeks almost exclusively. Nothing
but good words for it, although I'll need to do a lot of learning still.

I upgraded Pan to version 0.14 from source and everything ran smoothly until a
few days ago. I've been trying to filter out certain binary messages from
some of my newsgroups; first by setting up a filter, then adding it to the
rules. At first, no problem, but now the last few days, a snail seems fast in
comparison.

The group is loaded (but no articles are shown), then scoring starts. I've
timed it, yesterday it took about 10 minutes for one group to finish scoring
and show the articles. Today, it just keeps scoring without stopping.

I've removed the rules and filters, yet it still doesn't want to cooperate.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ghostrider