pan-users

[Pan-users] Unsent Messages

From: Tamblyne
Subject: [Pan-users] Unsent Messages
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:42:46 -0500

In some of the mailing lists that I belong to, which are mirrored on
GMane, the posters are not subscribed to the list which, therefore,
requires that the reply be sent to the group as well as to the email
address of the original poster.

Pan doesn't seem to like this.  I get an error message when trying to send
posts that include a "Mail To:" that there is no recipient.

But the worst part about it is that they are still in my "unsent" folder,
even though they have, apparently, been sent and have appeared in the
newsgroup. I am assuming that this is the case because they were sent to
the group, but not to the email address?  I, of course, have no way to
confirm that the OP received the mail.

In trying to fix this -- as perhaps the email address is, after all, not
correct, I can find no way to re-open a message in the "unsent" folder (or
in the sent folder, either), to edit it and resend it.  The only option
seems to be to attempt to resent the message -- the result being I have
some messages showing up three or four times (since Pan tells me it wasn't
sent in the first place) and some now showing up at all.

I know I have to be missing something here that's very simple.

Thanks,

Tam