pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Wish: don't start a new instance of pan.

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Wish: don't start a new instance of pan.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:26:23 -0400

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:30:46 +0100
Toby A Inkster <address@hidden> wrote:

> Often I will have Pan running on localhost:1 (Xvnc) and forget about it
> and start Pan up on localhost:0. Oh no! My read messages are marked unread
> again!
>
> There should be an option to make Pan refuse to start a second instance
> under the same user name. It should pop up a window with an explanation
> though.

I think this would be a nice feature.  Sylpheed, the email client, has
something similar.  If I try to run Sylpheed again (usually because I
forgot I had it running), it will just bring the older task up from the
task bar.

--
"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked.  "Begin at the beginning,"
the King said, gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."