pan-users

[Pan-Users] Feature Request: incorporate usenetjunkie

From: Mark Kelly
Subject: [Pan-Users] Feature Request: incorporate usenetjunkie
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:52:31 -0400

I had a friend suggest that I try usenetjunkie (http://www.usenetjunkie.com) for searching various groups quickly and efficiently. This program only runs on windows but the technology is incorporated into several news programs but I don't see it in any linux ones yet. Adding the ability to search their database for headers would be an incredible feature for pan. If you guys haven't seen this program I would suggest trying it out. I was amazed at how fast the search was of over 60000 groups with supposedly all the headers in all of them. Needless to say it stopped me from doing my weekly download of 500,000 headers from my favorite group (which sends pan into a swap file dance from hell)