pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan on Solaris 2.8 libfontconfig problem

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on Solaris 2.8 libfontconfig problem
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:03:37 -0700

LeRoy M. Dorman posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:46:23 -0700:

> After installing pan from pan-0.14,REV=2003.08.26-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg,
> and all the dependencies, on my Solaris 2.8 (fully patched) systen,when I
> execute pan I get
>
> -- /opt/csw/bin/pan
> ld.so.1: /opt/csw/bin/pan: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/csw/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: symbol FT_Get_BDF_Property: referenced
> symbol not found
> Killed
>
> The file /opt/csw/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 is a link to
> libfontconfig.so.1.0.4
>
> Do I have a version problem?

That's the Linux version I have here (and yes I'm using PAN, see my
headers), so that version shouldn't be an issue.

Here are the lib64fontconfig.rpm package dependencies from my (Mandrake
AMD64) system:

fontconfig >= 2.2.1-7mdk
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
/sbin/ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <=3.0.4-1
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)
libexpat.so.0()(64bit)
libfreetype.so.6()(64bit)
libz.so.1()(64bit)

I'm guessiong you are missing either the freetype dependency, or possibly
the fontconfig (not lib) dependency, or libexpat, since the others are
system specific.

Benjamin Franklin