pan-users

[Pan-users] compiling and running on windows

From: K. Haley
Subject: [Pan-users] compiling and running on windows
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:26:39 -0600

I meant to post this some time ago. As has been previously mentioned the GTK port that Pan has been using is no longer maintained. There is another port that works. It can be found at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html . Here are the steps needed to use it:

Download the following:
glib, libiconv, gettext-runtime, gtk+, atk ,pango, zlib, libpng, libjpeg, libtiff

Developers will also need:
glib-dev, pkgconfig, gettext-tools, gtk+-dev, pango-dev, atk-dev

extract these into some directory, I used /opt/gtk. Add this directory to your PATH, this can be done in My Computer -> properties -> Advanced -> enviroment variables. Developers will need to add the following to their .profile :

#ICONV
export CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/opt/gtk/include"
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/opt/gtk/lib"

#GTK
export GTK_HOME=/opt/gtk
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GTK_HOME/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $GTK_HOME/share/aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"

and you will need to create libz.dll.a the instruction are in usage.txt.

I hope.this helps.