pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: pan 0.14.2.91-2 problems

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: pan 0.14.2.91-2 problems
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:34:43 -0700

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:12:42 +0100:

> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 21:42, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
>> Now I cant correctly post messages on Usenet, because Pan doesnt want to
>> break lines: when I hit the <enter> key, it does not go to the next
>> line, but it increses the line counter!...
>>
>> Is it a package bug? or a pan bug ?
>
> <address@hidden>
> is the message I posted on usenet, and in fact, it puts the newlines!
> But when I compose the message, I dont see them ...

So... what updated, PAN or GTK+ or some other dependency of PAN?

PAN 0.14.2.91 has been out since January, so it shouldn't have been
updated, unless PAN is a new application for you or the problem is with a
new .deb rather than with PAN.  However, PAN DOES rely on the Gimp ToolKit
(GTK) widget libraries, which HAVE been updated fairly recently, with
gtk+-2.4.13 release on Oct 12.  It's plausible it took some time for the
distribution packagers to get it out -- I know the first Gentoo .13
package was 2005-11-02 according to the changelog (and that would have
been to ~arch altho 2.4.13-r1 shows status stable for amd64 anyway, here,
and that's what I have installed, so there's been another gentoo revision
bump since then and it's now stable on my arch anyway).

Thus, I'm guessing it's a problem with your gtk libraries, which were
likely recently updated, but it could be a Debian specific PAN update
issue as well, if that's what was in the update you did.

Benjamin Franklin