pan-users

[Pan-users] VDQ : How to cross-refer

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] VDQ : How to cross-refer
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:11:25 -0500

I don't know whether this particular Very Dumb question is a Pan question,
a Gmane question, or a usenet question (which, I suppose, would turn it
back into a Pan question, at least for many of us here). So please tell me
where else, if anywhere, I should ask it.

Suppose I want to call the attention of a list, which I follow on gmane,
to a post on another list, which I also follow on gmane. I want to do
that, not actually cross-post. How do I do it?

Example: the list for Yellow Dog Linux (linux for apple hardware, aka ppc)
is currently very interested in YDL 4.0, recently out, which happens to be
adapted from Fedora Core 2. Now comes a post on
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce saying that FC3 is out in a
version for PPC. It's long, not mine, and of great interest (I think) to
*some* of those on the YDL list -- but probably not to others.

Is there a better way than just telling people on the ydl list the name
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce and the Subject line of the post?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!