pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: email problem

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: email problem
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:21:38 -0700

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:40:47 -0500, Frank wrote:

> I am having a strange problem with Pan 14.2.91 on Slackware 10 - everytime
> I try to reply via email to a posting the system tells me it couldn't send
> the message- the logfile shows my isp's mail server is sending what Pan
> says is an unexpected reply, 251 instead of 250 ?

The relevant SMTP response codes are:
250     Requested mail action okay, completed
251     User not local; will forward to <forward-path>

It looks like 251 should be accepted as a success code, so this is
probably worth filing on Bugzilla.

In the meantime, can you use a different SMTP server?

--
Lenroc