pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.2 Cache files

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.2 Cache files
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:59:58 -0700

Jack Taffar posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:17:37 -0500:

> Is there a way to open the .msg files? If so how.
>
> PS I am running Pan 0.14.2 on RedHat Fedora

As PF states, they are plain text files and can be opened with your
favorite text editor.  It'd be nice to have PAN be able to open individual
message files from the command line, so a save text as would generate a
file that PAN could later open and reply to, but it hasn't yet happened.

> <HTML><HEAD>

Please turn off your HTML.  There's a reason PAN doesn't do HTML, and you
should at least respect that when posting to the PAN lists, even if you
aren't convinced that HTML is a security issue.

I see your mailer is Outlook, aka "Lookout", because of the number of
security issues it has had.  Ask yourself how many of them it would have
had, had it only parsed plain text, not HTML.  Something worth thinking
about.