pan-users

[Pan-users] slow as molasses

From: Paul Cartwright
Subject: [Pan-users] slow as molasses
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:53:36 -0400

sorry if this has been beat to death, but I am new here:)
I use PAN for some binary groups. When I select one of those newsgroups
to either update, or show the hearders, it just goes out to lunch for
10-5 minutes, sometimes it doesn't come back.
is there a NICe setting, or something I can do to limit the cache, or
SOME suggestion to help Pan work faster??
I have a Dell desktop with 1.6Ghz processor and 256 megs of ram on a
broadband connection.
running SUSE 9.2 and PAN beta 1.14.2.91

--
Paul Cartwright