pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan cannot handle large numbers of headers?

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan cannot handle large numbers of headers?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:25:33 -0400

Duncan wrote:
Rinaldi J. Montessi posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:27:21 -0400:

John Wendel wrote:
Phillip Pi wrote:
<snip>
Known problem, mostly fixed in the CVS version. Just run these commands to build yourself a version that works (with a few random bugs).

 >export CVSROOT=":pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/gnome"

 >cvs login

 >cvs -z3 checkout pan

 >cd pan

 >./autogen.sh
<snip>
Fails.  Apparently Pan depends on older versions?

I'd imagine so.  automake is one of those weird apps where pretty much
each /minor/ version is incompatible.  Where a normal app would change
major version if it needed to break backward compatibility, automake
apparently changes minor version.  autoconf is similar, but not as bad.

I was hoping they weren't that brain dead. I created symlinks from automake-1.9 and aclocal-1.9 to *-1.4 and it worked.

Thanks for your (as always) detailed response.

And, Phillip, sorry for hijacking your thread :-)

P.S.  Will the ants outlast the roaches?

Rinaldi
--
"The sooner all the animals are dead, the sooner we'll find their
money."    -- Ed Bluestone, "The National Lampoon"