pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Two newbie questions - sorting in header panel, pan news

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Two newbie questions - sorting in header panel, pan newsgroup ??
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:19:01 -0600

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:55:36 -0400, Bill Case wrote:

> 1) I would like to set 2 criteria for sorting in my header panel; first by
> watched threads (at the top) then everything else afterwards by descending
> date and time.  How can I set this up?  If I use filters where do I find
> filter construction info or manuals?

What I do is filter by articles with unread, and then sort the threads by
date - you can't sort by two criteria in the headers, but you can filter
on one and sort on the other.

My default filters are set to:

 * Show Matching Articles' Threads
 * Match New/Unread
 * Match Scores > -9999 (ie, all but ignored)

> 2) I can't find any 'Pan' newsgroups to subscribe to.  I am I just being
> stupid?  Does anybody have a recommendation for a good 'Pan' group?

gmane.org hosts a mail-to-news gateway of this and the pan-devel mailing
lists.  In fact, I'm posting this via that interface.

Jim