pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Two newbie questions - sorting in header panel, pan news

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Two newbie questions - sorting in header panel, pan newsgroup ??
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:04:59 +0100

Bill Case  said:

> Hi;
>
> I am relatively new to  newsreaders and pan.  I would like to do two
> simple things but there seems to be no manual.  Suggested reading anyone
> (I have read through the pan site)?
>
> 1) I would like to set 2 criteria for sorting in my header panel; first
> by watched threads (at the top) then everything else afterwards by
> descending date and time.  How can I set this up?  If I use filters
> where do I find filter construction info or manuals?
>
> 2) I can't find any 'Pan' newsgroups to subscribe to.  I am I just being
> stupid?  Does anybody have a recommendation for a good 'Pan' group?
>
> Regards Bill

Using 'news.gmane.org' with group 'gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user' gives
you easy access to all older posts in this list as an archive of
information, but search engines are also a help for a direction to other
groups and places that might help.

The 'score' file is also a good thing to learn, as is 'regular expression'
so you can write it by hand, scores get talked about in
news.software.readers.

Using this with the 'filter' tab can get you some way to what you want.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com